If you are having Bluetooth connection issues, try these fixes in order:
- Go to your phone's settings menu and make sure Bluetooth is turned on
- Make sure you are in range (10 ft/3 m) of the scanner
- Go to your phone's Bluetooth menu, find your scanner, and select "Forget this device"
- Turn Bluetooth OFF then ON in your phone's settings
- If all of the above fail to correct the problem, reset your scanner by unplugging it from the wall, counting to ten, and plugging it back in again
- Reboot your phone
- Delete your app and reinstall
If none of these tips help, please reach out to Customer Experience for assistance.
There could be a number of reasons that your scan didn't process completely. Hopefully, the app notified you of the reason. If not, here's a quick guide:
- If your scan failed during "Checking your scan..." it's most likely because you move,
- If it failed during "Processing..." it's probably due to the lighting conditions or your clothing
- If it failed during "Uploading..." it is probably because your Wifi upload speed is very slow
- If you are experiencing repeated scan failures, please let us know so we can try to help
Naked doesn't have a power button. To reset your scanner, simply pull the power cord out of the electrical socket it's plugged into, count to 10, and plug it back in.
It could be your pose. Make sure to stand as wide as possible, keep your arms straight and thumb-width from the body, make tight fists, and remember to stay as still as possible. Also remember that for the most consistent measurements, you should scan at the same time each day, while wearing a similar amount of clothing! Even changing from underwear to shorts can affect your measurements.
Keep in mind that your circumferences may differ slightly due to the clothing you wear. This is because we use the surface of your body model to calculate your measurements - which means that we capture every indentation and protrusion in your body!
We hide your measurements and metrics on scans when they do not meet our confidence standards (i.e. when they’re not good enough to show you). There are many reasons why a scan could have low-confidence metrics:
- doing a funny pose
- wearing loose clothing
- moving during the scan
- having hair on your neck
- bright lighting in the room
However, it is possible that a user could do everything “right” on every scan and still not see measurements. This usually occurs when the user has a body feature that isn’t yet included in our computer vision algorithms. Some of these features include loose skin folds, very large necks, very broad shoulders, amputated or prosthetic limbs.
If this is happening to you, please get in touch with our Customer Experience team so that we can change your account to show measurements from every scan. Additionally, your input will help us make our algorithms more effective and accurate.
Body fat percentage is a unique calculation based off of your height, weight, gender, and body circumferences. If someone scanned on your account, their body fat has been calculated using your stats and their circumferences. Instead of scanning someone else in your account, have them download the app and make their own account (it takes 2 mins) — that way they can keep their scan, too!
Currently we don't have the accounts feature enabled. This means that as many people as you want can use your Naked to scan without any limitations. We plan to enable this feature in the next couple months.
When that happens, the hardware purchaser will be sent six codes to distribute (and redistribute) to themselves and five other people. These users will continue being able to take unlimited scans. Users without a code will be able to take a limited number of scans (number TBD). We will also provide a low-cost subscription plan for people who want unlimited access to Naked but don't have a code.